C# to UnityScript Converter
This extension for Unity3D perform the efficient conversion of C# scripts into UnityScript scripts.
The extension really aims to convert everything that can be done automatically, every C# features that has an equivalent in UnityScript, and take into account every syntactic special cases.
But because C# has features that UnityScript hasn’t, the conversion just can’t be perfect in some case and manual work or even whole refactoring must be done.
The extension can handle the conversion of any number of files as it can convert not just one script but also a whole hierarchy (and reproduce the hierarchy with the converted scripts).
Such extension could still be useful to devs who would want to code in UnityScript but still benefits from the upcoming Learn Unity service where only C# will be used. Plus, the conversion of snippet or whole script was always a recurring subject on forums or Unity Answer for instance, at least since UnityScript (and Boo) where officially deprecated.
The extension has been developed in 2012 and was on sale on the Unity Asset Store until 2016. Accross the years, I earned a grand total of 400€ thanks to it ! 😀
- Get it from the Asset Store
- Test the Webplayer demo (old webplayer, needs Flash)
- Read the manual and get the sources on GitHub
In addition to the C# to UnityScript converter extension, I did a few other things with Unity 3D :
- Breeding Cubes, a game for the Ludum Dare 24 game jam.
- Sweet Syntax, a pet project that also aimed to convert some sweet script language of my making into C# and UnityScript, respectively
- A tutorial about events in C#, UnityScript and Boo.
- CSScript Editor, an application to edit Craftstudio’s scripts .csscript files without using CraftStudio.
- Script Handler, an application to convert all the Script assets of a CraftStudio project to regular Lua scripts and vice-versa.